My husband and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary today. I thought it fitting to reblog my post from our 18th anniversary, with a few changes. My prayer is your marriage is as richly blessed as ours is.
50+ Reasons I’m Thankful for My Husband
Twenty years ago I said “I do” to the most wonderful man I have ever met. I would do it all over again. We’ve had our share of ups and downs, joys and heart breaks, but our love and faith in God has sustained us. Today, I thought I would let you know why I love my husband so much. I pray blessings on your marriage, as you read about mine.
- I’m grateful he shares my faith in Jesus Christ.
- I am grateful to have a teammate as we face the challenges of life together.
- And reminisce over the life we have built together.
- I’m grateful he chose me to be his wife.
- I’m grateful he is an excellent father.
- And provider.
- And comforter.
- I’m grateful he’s good at things I’m not, like fixing computers and knowing what to do with the cars.
- I’m grateful he shares my love of cooking, and wine.
- And travel, and adventure.
- We love the same music.
- I’m grateful he maintains a few of his own interests, and lets me have a few of mine. It keeps life interesting.
- He fretted over me when I was pregnant and our children were born.
- He helped change the diapers.
- And care for the kids when they were little.
- He appreciates and defends my role as a mom.
- He encourages me.
- His sense of humor.
- His service to our country.
- He’s a great role model.
- He helps with the laundry and dishes.
- He helps the kids with homework.
- He’s a human jungle gym for the kids.
- He’s romantic.
- He spoils me.
- He always holds the door for a lady, not just me.
- He’s a man of integrity.
- He doesn’t complain.
- He handles the yuckies in our house.
- He pumps the gas for me.
- His willingness to sacrifice.
- He knows how to talk to anyone.
- He doesn’t mind when I’m home for the night, comfortable and don’t look all that great.
- He volunteered to teach our son to drive.
- His willingness and encouragement to try new things.
- His loyalty (even to a losing sports team).
- That he calls me a couple times a day just to check on me.
- He always puts up the Christmas lights.
- And takes us to see fireworks (that can be metaphorical).
- He’s the most patient person I know.
- He supports me and my goals.
- He respects and loves his parents.
- And puts up with my family.
- Because he always remember special days, like today.
- Because he rubs my feet after a tough day.
- Because he will go shopping with me.
- And he shops for me; he really puts thought into gifts.
- The house is decorated pretty much the way I wanted it.
- So many little things he does that make me feel loved.
- I would rather be with him than anyone else, even if we aren’t doing anything.
- And because of things I won’t post on a public list.
“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”
May your marriage be richly blessed.