A Life Verse

Most of us have favorite Scriptures, but is there a Bible verse you base your life on? Is it even possible to pick just one? I’ve been thinking about this since the question was first posed to me. I believe mine is Philippians 1:6, because I know Jesus will do what the verse says. It gives me hope that even if I sin, God will finish what He started in me.

Philippians 1: 6

being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

I’m interested to know if anyone else has a life-verse and what it is.

Blessings on your day.

Advertisements

31 thoughts on “A Life Verse

1. I’ve personalized this verse;
    I delight in the law of the Lord
    and in this law I meditate day and night
    I am like the tree planted by streams of water
    it yields fruit in season, its leaf does not wither
    all that I do will prosper.

This is my life verse. I believe God and what He says He will do.

2. One of my life ~verse is ephesians 4:2. ” Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love” 🙂 I just posted an article related with this verse 🙂 Blessing on your day, sis.

3. When my 22 year old nephew was killed in an auto accident last year, we looked for a verse that described his life. 1 Peter 3:8 is written on his tomb stone.

Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

That verse really states who Geoff was. It has become the verse that challenges me these days.

4. GEN 2:18 “It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a suitable helper for him.”

RUTH 1:16 “But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” 18 When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her.”

1 SAMUEL 18:1-3 “After David had finished talking with Saul, Jonathan became one in spirit with David, and he loved him as himself. 2 From that day Saul kept David with him and did not let him return home to his family. 3 And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself.”

Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God.” (and does not make mistakes)

5. Hi Julie- Great question – again there are several, but here’s one:

For many years I tried to stay in the shadows, and felt it was wrong to really shine, as it would draw attention to me, and not to Christ. Then this verse gave me freedom to be what HE created me to be, with all His gifts and power..
    Phil 2:15b-16 .. “shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the Word of Truth…” It’s OK to shine to show others His glory.

6. Matthew 28:20
    and be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

This verse gives me comfort and is one of my life verses. It is my favorite.

7. Thanks for the question Julie!
    There is always new parts of Scripture that is opening up to me, and old favorites gives new light to difficult situations! Just now I am trying something new, I read the Bible from the beginning, one chapter a day, and post the verse that makes me wonder, either in awe or in puzzlement. I do not comment on the verses other than making a headline and posting one of my photos. To me that broadens my perspective AND gives me new favorites. As for life verse, just now:
    “They are not just idle words for you- They are your life.” Dt 32:47
    Solveig

8. Jeremiah 29:11 “I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans for good and not for evil to give you a future and a hope.” There were some dreadful dark segments of life. I received this verse on a handwritten card from a women’s retreat in 1984. Without this verse to cling to, I doubt I would have survived the next six years. God is good!

\o/

9. I love this verse! I made a point a few years ago of memorizing Philippians and it was hard but there are such gems throughout, like 1:6, that it has been such a bonus to me. The Spirit often brings this verse to my mind to remind me that I am a work in progress, but unlike the road construction in my city, God’s work will be finished one day!

10. I Timothy 1:12 “I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me into his service.” I have this written in the front of my Bible and it is dated December 1993. It is still true to this day. I am truly honored, humbled and overwhelmed that He would allow me to be of service to Him. Praise the LORD! Thank you for asking! 🙂