We can talk to God about anything. In fact, He is our constant companion. (John 14:15-21, Psalm 23:1) So He knows what is going on. We might as well talk to Him.
“Pray without ceasing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NASB)
At least two things make it difficult to start a regular prayer routine. Let the Holy Spirit guide you to a place to pray. You want to select a place where you can concentrate on God. Also, set a consistent time to pray every day. For me, I want to give God my best time.
What to Pray About
I keep a prayer journal. Looking back I have noticed seasons of my life where my prayers were very similar. Sometimes we just need a conversation starter. I have compiled a list of topics to talk to God about. If you do not have something on your heart, just pick a conversation starter and begin to talk to God about this topic. It’s sure to start a meaningful conversation. If you have other suggestions I would love to know about them!
- I am sharing the light and love of God with others.
- I trust God.
- I believe God speaks to me.
- How often have I been moved by faith stories but never tried to grow in my own faith?
- How can God use me?
- Am I prideful?
- Do acquaintances know I am a Christian?
- When have I been the closest to God?
- When does God seem most distant?
- God has performed miracles in my life.
- What changes am I willing to make to grow spiritually?
- How big is my God?
- How often do I pray?
- Do I read Scripture often enough?
- What impact does Scripture have on me?
- What is the quality of my prayers?
- What is my self-talk like?
- Do I honor the Sabbath?
- Do I break any of God’s commandments frequently?
- Are there idols in my life?
- I ask God for His wisdom.
- Am I thankful? Does my life show gratitude?
- Do I need to ask for forgiveness?
- Do I need to forgive others?
- Have I forgiven myself?
- Do I express love and compassion?
- Do I tell people how to improve? Why do I do this?
- Do I ask for feedback for self-improvement?
- Do I seek godly counsel?
- Do I treat my body like the temple of the Lord?
- What do I value?
- Do I tithe?
- Do I volunteer regularly at church or for missions to serve others in God’s name?
- Am I now, or have I ever been, in spiritual darkness?
- Have I ever passed on my faith to my children?
- Have I ever shared Christ with anyone?
- I go to church because I want to, not out of a sense of duty.
- If faith was taken out of my life tomorrow morning, how would my life be different? Would anyone know?
- How can I be certain my faith is growing? Can faith be measured?
- How has my walk with God grown in the past year?
- The past five years?
- What three biblical characters would I like to have lunch with and why?
- What would I ask them?
- I want God to change me in this key area: _______________________
I wish you a rich and rewarding prayer life.
Walk in His Light,
– Scripture: Bible Gateway
– Image: Google Image