CHANGE

I’ve been absent from my blog for a few weeks because my husband got some bad news. After 16 years, his position was eliminated. Now that the shock is over, we are waiting in anticipation for the next adventure God will send us on.

Yes, there are disappointments. Our summer vacation had to be cancelled, my kids probably won’t go to camp this year, and I’ve had to place the publishing of my first Bible Study on hold. But God has a plan in mind for us, and my husband’s old job is not part of that plan.

‘“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”’ Jeremiah 29:11

It’s easy to worry. It’s hard being taken out of our comfort zone and wondering what will happen next. We’ve concerned about what we will do when the severance pay runs out. But God will take care of us. During the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus told us not to worry:

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:25-34

I trust God to take care of us through this difficult time. And I look forward, with anticipation, to what lies before us. There’s people out there we have not yet met, who may become great new friends. Maybe we will have the opportunity to share Christ with someone. Maybe we are moving. I wonder where. Maybe…

I pray you look at adversity and change from God’s viewpoint. It may a fulfilling and rewarding experience.

Walk In His Light,

Julie

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “CHANGE

1. My husband has gone for lengthy times without work. God has always provided for us. And the beautiful thing is that my husband used this time to grow closer to God, to study His Word and to grow in trust for His provision. We learned so much from these “hard” times and God has always faithfully provided for us and our children. God wants so much for His people to TRUST Him in everything.

2. I’m sorry for your husband’s job loss, Julie, but glad to hear you’re standing in faith. If your kids are going to church camp, don’t hesitate to let the camp coordinator know your situation; our church pays for several kids to go to camp every summer whose parents cannot afford to send them. But hopefully your husband will get a new and better job quickly! God bless.

3. The faith is what will sustain you and your husband. I want to share my experience.
    I had a great job and just when I thought things were great and everything stable I lost it. I thought God will provide the same way He had done before. This time He didn’t. At least not as I expected. A whole year went buy un severance and unemployment. During that year I dedicated to God and had the wonderful opportunity to go on various missions trips all of which I could assure you God provided in ways that were over the top! I moved in faith on each trip and God returned every penny I spent. Just when I had given up on the job search I went one day updated my email on a job site next day I get a call from a job! When I started the application process nothing was lining up in terms of my résumé and information. When I look on the information they had I realized they had a résumé I submitted 5years ago!! They were able to contact me because I updated my profile the day before. God showed me that it was only Him who moved not my credentials or degree. I started working exactly a year after being terminated. The point: No matter how tough God will provide everything. During the waiting time just dedicate it to Him. He will do the rest. God bless you and your family.

4. What is your husband passionate about? Does he have skills he could use to become self-employed? There are 8.5 million less jobs now than there were 4 years ago, but God has one for your husband if that is what he wants.

5. For every ending there is a new beginning. You & your husband are on a new journey and though the road looks rocky now, trust in him and the road will lead you to new adventures. I have found that when I get extra time and openings in my work schedule, it usually means that God is moving things around and arranging something even better for me. So be on the look out for it.

6. Hi Julie,
    The post is encouraging, motivating & touching. Its feels bad to hear about your tough times, but this is how life is…we all have to face ups and downs at some point of time. And, I am sure that your trust & faith in GOD will help you to sail through all tough waves smoothly. At times, such changes become a blessing in disguise… who knows if there is something better awaiting you. So, just keep up the positivity & welcome new changes and challenges as GOD’s gift. Wish GOD will always shower His blessings on you and your family & give you a successful & happy life ahead. ALL THE BEST..!!

7. My husband lost his job over two years ago. One day he was working then without warning after seventeen years he was let go. At first I was in a head spin but then God turned me around and I stayed focused on Him. We had to sell our home, furniture and anything else that wasn’t needed. We pushed and pulled our monrey around like it were taffy but we never ran out of funds to make ends meet. It took a year to the day for our house to sale and the next day the new home God promised us was there. We made an offer and it was accepted that night. My husband and I are enjoying our new down sized lifestyle and it has given us both more room for God. Hubby still is not working, but God is meeting our needs and I never take my eyes off of Jesus who supplies all our needs. So keep looking up . . . He promises to take care of His sparrows.